We are hiring!
CHESTERFIELD EDUCATION FOUNDATION
The Chesterfield Education Foundation (CEF) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting academic opportunities for Chesterfield County Public Schools’ (CCPS) students and educators.
Founded in 1989, we utilize the generous contributions of individuals, businesses, and community members to provide additional financial support to help meet the needs of students throughout the county.
By working closely with CCPS Superintendent, Dr. James Lane and his leadership team, we ensure that our programs work in conjunction with, and directly support, the strategic initiatives of CCPS. But our outreach doesn’t stop there. We are also proud to assist individual schools, teachers, and students.
Thanks to an extraordinarily dedicated Board of Trustees, strong partnerships with community and business leaders, and a robust relationship with CCPS, we will continue our mission of advancing quality Pre-K through 12 public education for Chesterfield County’s future generations.
The Chesterfield Education Foundation seeks an innovative and highly engaged Executive Director to lead the organization. The Executive Director will manage all CEF activities including fundraising, marketing, and program implementation. This opportunity is a twelve-month full time position that will report to the CEF Board of Trustees and will manage office staff, service contracts, and contract personnel.
- Direct and oversee the Foundation’s fund development plan including: major gift solicitation, planned giving, special events, annual giving campaign, endowment campaign, grant writing, and donor relations.
- Partner with Chesterfield County Public Schools to ensure CEF strategies and programs are aligned with school division priorities.
- Provide oversight of current and future CEF programs. Work with the Board of Trustees and committees to continuously monitor each program’s effectiveness and make recommendations as necessary.
- Track expenses and manage operating budget under the oversight of the CEF Finance Committee.
- Prepare agenda and materials for scheduled Board and committee meetings, and manage communication to all Board members and other external stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively with CEF Board members and CEF senior staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in, public relations, marketing, business, non‐profit management or equivalent experience.
- Committed to issues related to public education and enrichment, with an overall passion for innovation.
- Ability to innovate and to think strategically and creatively.
- Proven experience in fundraising, grant writing, and event coordination, or related non-profit experience.
- Skilled in cultivating donor relationships; exceptional relationship builder, collaborator, creative problem solver, and energetic fundraiser capable of working with donors of varied backgrounds.
- Excellent time management and project management, with strong organizational skills.
- Proven track record of leading teams and restructuring / building organizations.
- Exceptional presentation and written communications skills.
- Social media experience with a track record of building a brand through social media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with nonprofits.
- Familiarity with and exposure to K–12 public education systems.
- Experience with donor management and accounting software.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) designation.