FUNDING SPECIAL PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS
CEF collaborates with school division leaders as they brainstorm new ideas to move the needle of excellence within CCPS. At the same time, we engage individual donors and foundations willing to invest financially in order to bring these ideas to life. The result includes the following unique projects that receive funding from CEF:
- Chester Early Childhood Learning Academy (CECLA) is the only 3- and 4- year-old public preschool in the district. CEF raises funds to support before- and after-care for students, professional development for teachers, and other programs for our youngest learners. Click here to learn more about CECLA.
- Chesterfield Recovery Academy opened in August 2022 as Virginia’s first recovery high school, designed for students who are in early recovery from substance-use disorders. Students receive the academic, emotional and social support necessary to complete their high school education. Click here to learn more.
CEF BRAVO! Awards is an annual celebration of the outstanding achievements of Chesterfield County Public Schools' alumni. Held each November, the Bravo! Awards dinner has come to be known as an inspiring evening, offering an opportunity to hear the honorees share their personal story of how a Chesterfield County Public Schools education contributed to launching them on their path to success. Click here to learn more.
One key component of the mission of the Chesterfield Education Foundation is ensuring every child has equal access to the programs and resources necessary for a high-quality education. The need is great.
- Over 40% of CCPS students are economically disadvantaged. This equates to 25,000 students, nearly the total number of students in the City of Richmond.
- Twenty-three Chesterfield schools are designated as Title I schools.
- More than 1,000 students in the county are homeless.
These circumstances often create disparities in achievement requiring responsive, creative initiatives outside the school budget, such as Book Vending Machines, or collecting essential needs and school supplies.